Thursday, January 28, 2021

Things we say..

 



We all thought we were so modern back in 1982 (39 years ago). I can remember it being the year that the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, (a colour computer for £125) was launched, and all us teenagers lurked by the front door every morning for weeks, eagerly awaiting the delivery of ours! Anyway, new technology was certainly a memorable thing about 1982, but, here's a list of things that people might unthinkingly say in everyday conversation today that would have been totally incomprehensible and/or unimaginable back in 1982..

- I just dropped my phone down the toilet..
- I'm just off to the bank, mustn't forget to take a mask..
- What's the wi-fi code again?
- Livestreaming my Spectrum unboxing later..
- Who was that actor? Hold on, I'll just look him up..
- Pause the TV I need a quick pee
- Alexa, what's a hundred in Welsh?
- Prosecco anyone?
- Have you seen my charger?

No comments: