Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Amphibian walking


I'm managing to keep up with my pacey "50k per week" of walking, it's about 5 weeks in a row that I've hit that target! It did feel like quite a distance (aching legs!) at  first but I must say that I'm getting used to it now. In terms of pace I'm hitting around 9 minutes per kilometer which is pretty decent, it certainly feels quite fast when I'm doing it and when I walk into town with any of my family they always complain about being "frog marched" which I suppose is a good sign. On a tangential note, what the hell does "frog marched" mean? 

For posterity, I videoed myself pounding the pavement today (see above) to see what my pace looked like from a different perspective; looks slower than it feels and weirdly it looks like I'm walking downhill, although it was a perfectly level road, quite big strides though, I guess that helps.

 

No comments: