Tuesday, December 21, 2021

The long walk

 


For a couple of years now I've been gradually cranking up my level of regular daily exercise with a mixture of running and walking (although mostly walking) and for the majority of this year I've been averaging around 50 km per week +/- 5 km and at a reasonable pace (~9 mins / km) In the last couple of months I've had several weeks when I've hit the magic 60 km although it's quite tough to do that and work at the same time (without walking in the dark!) I happened to be looking at my log book the other day and realised that a particular milestone had been reached. For the first time I've managed to cover 2,500 km in a year (with a couple of weeks to spare!) I calculate that with a following wind, and absence of snow, I might even break the 1,600 mile total for the year, not bad for an old bloke!

No comments: