Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Birthday pairing..


As mentioned in a previous post it was recently the 9th birthday of my local craft brewery Siren for which they made two special beers, I tried the first of them ("Twists") here and I had the second last weekend ("Turns") pictured above. This time the beer was on the dark side, an imperial stout, meaning that it was really thick and gloopy, oozing with chocolate and coffee flavours as well as having a classic (sweet) rich malt character, very nice indeed. The downside of this beer was that at 11% ABV a 440ml can was rather like drinking a half bottle of wine! Fortunately I was able to share it with a couple of people and we all agreed it was indeed a rather "special" effort, good work all round, roll on birthday #10 I'm expecting great things!

 

No comments: