Sunday, March 27, 2022

Last Train home..

 


So, yesterday (Saturday) I took the train one stop up the line to Crowthorne to meet a couple of mates for a few beers and a curry. Fortunately, the bar and restaurant were less than a hundred yards from the train station so I decided to catch the train home, but, at 10:30 pm (especially out in the sticks) you do begin to wonder if that last train on the timetable is actually mythical or not! (see picture above) Fortunately for me it arrived bang on time at 22:47 and efficiently delivered me back to my home town so that I could walk the 3 km home from the station there (which walked off the copious curry intake just perfectly!). I do love it when a plan comes together!

Anyway, the moral of the story is to trust the public transport option and relax (use it or lose it in other words)! Have a few beers, a Chicken Dhansak and perhaps some Onion Bhajis to go with it, then wander home at your leisure, what's the worst that can happen? Well, yes I suppose it could be a nightmare depending on where you live, but hey ho, if you're lucky and everything's working then ditch the car and give it a go!

No comments: