Sunday, May 08, 2022

Guildford Treats


We had an energetic day yesterday as it was decided by management that we catch a train over to Guildford to do a bit of shopping. My Wife is after a new chair for our lounge and I offered my design consulting expertise (haha) to help her pick one! My only criteria was that I could safely fall asleep in any proposed chair without falling out of it! (these fancy designer jobs with tiny arms are a nightmare!) Anyway we had a good old mooch around in Guildford's ample furniture shops, a bit of lunch, more mooching and then had forty minutes to kill waiting for the return train. As a special treat, since I'd been a good boy and discussed fabrics all afternoon without moaning, I was bought a delicious craft beer in Guildford's only craft beer establishment (pictured above) called "Growlers & Cans" it's a little hole in the wall place that sells around 8 taps of various crafty goodness, I've been a couple of times before and they usually have something interesting on. I opted for a pint of Sonoma from Track Brewing (Manchester) a crusher at only 3.8% delicious, set me up perfectly for the train ride home and the rather sweaty walk back from the station followed by a nice relaxing evening in front of the telly, a productive and enjoyable day!

 

No comments: