Saturday, May 28, 2022

Thirsty Work


Had a rare day off work yesterday (Friday) and after doing a bunch of house-jobs I walked into town (which was buzzing) in the glorious sunshine. I decided to go the long way around so as to combine my daily walk with the chores I had to do in town so I ended up doing about 7 km, it was really enjoyable to be walking around in a tee shirt rather than layers and waterproofs! Anyway, after the long walk in the Sun I had worked up a bit of a thirst so on the way home I decided to pop into our local craft beer bar and grab an ice cold pint of a pale ale made by local brewers Siren, it was delicious, and felt very odd (like being on holiday) to be drinking  beer mid-afternoon on a week-day, and made even more satisfying by the perception that I'd earned it! Unfortunately I only had time for one before I had to scuttle back home to cook dinner for everyone, but it's amazing what a bit of sunshine does for everyone, let's hope it continues next week when we're all off!

 

No comments: