Thursday, May 12, 2022

Road Works


I guess it's a universal bugbear for many people, and possibly one of those "first world problems", but I can't help thinking that in the SE of England we're going through some kind of road-work frenzy at the moment? 

In my own neighborhood the main road into town has been dug up at some location or other constantly for around 2 years now, I know because since the pandemic started I walk it at least once or twice every week, and make a mental note of any road works (sad git that I am) Quite often it's different utility companies digging up the same spot in the same road, separated by a few weeks, you'd think that the council would have a simple Gantt chart on the wall showing what projects were scheduled for what dates and allow workmen access to holes previously dug by other utilities the week before, anyway, I guess that kind of utopia is for dreamers! 

In the meantime it's estimated that we lose roughly 7 million days of time due to people digging up our roads, if accurate, that's quite the number, it equates to roughly 255 average lifetimes of time lost being stuck in traffic! Obscene wealth is coming to the person who figures out how to disrupt that little lot!
 

No comments: