Saturday, February 04, 2023

Beer Paradox

 


I treated myself to a couple of new beers yesterday evening while making dinner for everyone, both beers from Siren, the first called "Unstoppable Force" (6% ABV) and its alter-ego called (obvs!) "Immovable Object". 

The two beers have exactly the same malt profile and yeast etc. they just headline different hops. The first one (LHS) features Simcoe (the star) and Mosaic (supporting) and the other one Citra (the star) and Mosaic (supporting). I love Simcoe, possibly even to the extent that it's my favourite hop, but in any case I love both of these headliners. Unstoppable Force is dank, meaning "cannabis-like", piney and resinous, with a background of tropical fruits and grapefruit pith, an addictive and compelling combo, Immovable object on the other hand is much more fruit forward, mangos and lemons with a powerful hop aroma and smooth mouthfeel, a great brace of beers.



No comments: