Sunday, December 23, 2018

Ringing in the changes..


So, it's Christmas Eve tomorrow, suppose I should start thinking about buying some presents (joke) 

Scarily I do know some people (all Men) who actually do buy most of their gifts on Christmas Eve! Personally I'm not brave enough, it would be just my luck to have something critical on my list that had run out! Talking about Christmas traditions we're going to have a bit of a change this year. For many years now we've hosted my wife's Mother for the usual turkey lunch with all the trimmings etc., the kids used to love having Grandma over to play silly games and watch the Great-Escape with, unfortunately she died in September so it's going to feel a bit strange for all of us this year. Anyway, to mark the day we're switching the main meal from lunchtime to evening, we're not big lunch eaters anyway and since the kids are older now we're going for more of a grown-up dinner kind of vibe and, to keep us going during the day, having a slightly more elaborate Champagne breakfast (I practiced my Hollandaise sauce earlier today!) followed by a long walk in the countryside together - we'll see how it all pans out.

No comments: