Saturday, October 03, 2020

Birthday trumps


It's my birthday today so we went out for a couple of drinks with some friends yesterday evening to celebrate. Came across a new Siren beer (just when I thought I'd tried them all!) that's only available in keg, i.e. no cans. It's called "Flex" and is a West-Coast style IPA meaning it's clear (ish) and made to be sticky, tropical and piney with a healthy dose of bitterness running through it. This one was a beauty, just what was needed to get my birthday weekend off to the right start. Feels a bit weird this year as my Son is away at University for the first time and so won't be joining us later when we pop over the border into Surrey to visit family. Hopefully he'll face-time and join in virtually, although judging from dispatches from the front, I suspect the lure of his new-found social life may just trump us.. 

 

No comments: