Wednesday, October 14, 2020

The right thing to do


I'm getting really fed up with people ignoring the whole mask thing indoors, it's come more into focus for me recently as my 16 year old daughter has recently started a weekend job in a local shop. She tells me that around 10-15% of older people (to her that means anyone over about 25!) that come in on a Saturday or Sunday are either not wearing a mask at all or are wearing it incorrectly (usually at half-mast under their noses) What on earth is wrong with some people? You have to think that they are either so stupid that they don't understand how flu-like viruses spread (after everything we've been through this year!) or they are so inconsiderate that they just don't give a shit about anyone else. My Daughters' dilemma is as follows, does she a) tell them to put a mask on and risk abuse or does she b) ignore it and increase her risk of infection? Fortunately for our community she has a backbone and usually chooses for the former option (a) However, even though clearly that's the right thing to do, as her Dad, I'm not sure it makes me feel any better about her situation.

 

No comments: