Thursday, December 17, 2020

Am I bothered?


So, Berkshire (where I live) is in T3 now, are we to somehow feel special now, perhaps like the naughty cool kids at school or should we just mumble under our breath and do our time? In any case, it won't affect my family much as we aren't going to pubs at all at the moment and have only eaten out a couple of times in the last two months, I'm sure we'll survive just fine. I do feel sorry for the local businesses that will now have to shut up shop and I hope that people will realise that the way out of this is to actually listen to the advice and, you know, take it! 

I can't say I'm particularly surprised, the amount of traffic and shop footfall around here is practically normal and I know for a fact that many households are mixing right, left and centre! Some schools seem to be a bit of a hotspot too, but some less so, my daughter (who goes to a local school) has only been off for a week since they went back which seems reasonable. I did have an experience today which illustrates how I think many organizations and people are unprepared for this Winter. Around lunchtime we (4 of us) walked into town to our local Boots chemists to get a flu jab, when we got there the place was packed (lot's of people collecting prescriptions etc.) so we hung around outside as best we could, waiting until our turn. When that came we were asked to fill in a form which took around 5-10 minutes (impossible to socially distance), the form simply repeated all the information already given  when making the appointment (?!). To cap it all everyone in the group of people waiting were passing around the same clipboard (to write on) and the same Bic biro to write with, an unnecessary transmission waiting to happen I think. I do wish some companies would actually take the time to risk assess their businesses, if chemists can't be bothered then we have to wonder who is?



 

No comments: