Thursday, November 10, 2022

Oktober


I've never been to the famous Oktoberfest in Germany and I'd never tried any of the festival beers (until now) I've always been slightly skeptical that they'd just be like every other over-hyped mass-produced lager out there, i.e. lacking in flavour and body, essentially just fizzy, cold meh! 

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I noticed a stash of cans in the bottom of the fridge at my local bottle-shop from Paulaner (one of the official Oktoberfest breweries) an it was their 2022 festival beer in can, so I thought I'd give one a try. I'm not usually a big lager drinker, preferring ales when I have a choice, but I must say this one was very good indeed! Cream cracker flavours, bready, floral and crisp but with a luxurious mouthfeel, obviously (for festival) everything is amped up from their usual session lager and at 6.5% ABV you'd expect something with a little more oomph, this certainly had it in spades. A super tasty beer, I'll definitely look out for these in future, maybe even take an Autumn trip over to Munich one of these fine years!

 

No comments: