Thursday, November 03, 2022

Vaccines


I walked into town and got my flu vaccine yesterday afternoon, it was quick and easy, zero queue and I was walking out five minutes before my appointment was due! I do think that since the Covid pandemic carers have generally become a lot better at giving vaccinations and/or needles are better (smaller?) these days? I remember, even a few years ago, that on the whole the process of sticking a needle into your arm seemed to take at least 15 seconds and was often quite painful, also, the reactions (I had) to them were much more noticeable. The flu jab I had this year was really quick (3 seconds max), painless and prompted nothing but a mild sensation in my upper arm around the injection site for at most a couple of hours. 

Now I just need to hope that the selection of flu variants was on target this year, we shall see!

 

No comments: