Sunday, September 17, 2023

A good walk, spoiled


One of my good mates had a spare ticket to the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth yesterday and invited me. I'm not into Golf in the slightest, having only played it a couple of times over the years, but I'd never been to one of these tournaments and life is short so why not! I hopped on the train over to Sunningdale, where he lives, and we walked through the woods behind his house to the 14th hole on the Wentworth course. It was a beautiful day, near perfect conditions for a sporting event like this, the sun was shining and no wind to speak of, anyway we had a really good day following some of the players around, liberally sprinkled with pit stops at the various bars and food stalls spread all around the course, lot's of chatting about life and work etc. finally admitting defeat at around 5:30pm absolutely knackered! My watch tells me that we walked about 10 miles and along the way we sunk several pints of ice cold lager, surprising I didn't fall asleep on the train on the way home! Anyway, got back around 7pm and had a long soak in a hot bath, fabulous, what a great day out!

No comments: