Thursday, September 28, 2023

Sycamore, no more..


I've always had a hankering to trek the route of Hadrian's Wall in Northumbria one day, it looks like a fabulous walk and features some beautiful scenery and famous landmarks. One of the highlights is "Sycamore Gap", pictured above, where a lone tree has stood against the backdrop of wild moorland in a natural dip in the landscape framed by Hadrian's Wall for over 200 years (probably the most photographed tree in the UK) A wonderful symbol of antiquity, man vs nature, the passing of empires and the resilience of the natural order etc. I was surprised and upset to hear today that someone has taken a chain saw to the tree and felled it overnight, police are investigating. It's inconceivable why someone would do this, I guess some arseholes just want to watch the world burn, if I had my way I'd chop their xxxx's off etc. Even if another tree is planted in it's place it's unlikely I'll ever see it in the flesh, fucksocks, one less beautiful thing in the world.

No comments: