Sunday, October 11, 2026

Japanese Hygiene


When on holiday in Asia last month we stayed at a hotel that had Japanese style automated toilets (pictured above) I'd never experienced anything like this before and it was interesting to try it. The appliance had it's own remote and you could control every aspect while "sitting comfortably"! 

I had expected that these devices would just squirt water up your bum, but how wrong I was! "Life-changing" was the adjective we used after mastering these rather embarrassing machines, they do indeed use a water jet but not only is it warm (i.e. body temperature) but you can vary the angle, strength and form of the jet from solid, through oscillating or pulsating to spray! Once cleansed you then hit the "dry" button and a rather pleasing waft of warm air is used to dry the parts that need drying and once finished a fan sucks any "odours" from the bowl leaving everything pristine for the next user.

If I ever move house I'd be seriously temped to get myself one of these "smart loos", they're not cheap but goodness me they will change the way you cr*p for ever!

No comments: