Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gordon Brown helping to define the word "bigot"

Just listening to a breaking story about Gordon Brown; he was doing a walk-about in Rochdale (Lancs.) and was approached by a member of the public who asked him several questions about the economy and pensions, immigration and student loans etc.., he seemed (to me at least) to have responded to those questions reasonably well, but when the session was over and he was back in his limo he made some disparaging remarks about the woman calling her a bigot (and forgot his radio mic. was still switched on!) - what wonderful TV, no doubt the media will have a feeding frenzy around this and it will do his campaign image great damage.


As for the validity of his remark, I can certainly understand the emotion all the candidates must be getting cheesed off with answering the same questions all the time, but I think he needs to swot up on the dictionary definition of "bigot", or perhaps just look in a mirror?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just loved this story and made my family watch the video several times.

Gerrarrdus said...

As you say, the amazing thing was that he actually managed the encounter very well. If my conversations with parishioners and "users" at work went off like that on the whole I'd be well chuffed.