Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Justice?


I've been watching the news saturation around the death of Osama bin Laden, and whilst I'm glad the world contains one less terrorist intent on destroying my way of life, I can't resist a little bit of a definitional quibble over the celebrations in the USA and all this talk about "justice"; I always thought justice involved a trial of some kind?Anyway, clearly I'm not qualified or informed enough to comment on what practical options the US Navy seals had in the middle of the night with regards to capturing or killing Bin Laden but on the question of justice or retribution I offer the two pictures above, both show celebrations of people who think that they've attained justice, one taken outside the Whitehouse yesterday and the other back in September 2001 in Palestine, I wonder how these feelings will eventually pan out given a bit of history in between.

For now its all eyes on Pakistan, did they know or didn't they, everyone loves a good murder mystery.

No comments: