Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Where's my smoking jacket...


I'm sitting here writing this little post and all I can smell is wood smoke, it's quite a disconcerting sensation!

Apparently some moronic waste of skin and organs arsonist started a deliberate fire in an area of Swinley forest between Bracknell and Crowthorne which is about 2-3 miles from where I live and only a mile from where my kids go to school. It's been very dry and windy over the last few days which I'm sure isn't helping although luckily for us there are over 100 fire fighters dealing with the blaze and keeping it under control by creating fire breaks and preventing the flames from reaching buildings, subsequently all but a few local roads are closed and no one has been hurt so far. The smoke from the fire is gradually working its way over the whole area, yesterday there are a kind of yellow haze in the air, we even made the BBC news, hopefully we'll get some rain soon!

Here's someone's video of the unfolding event, although the date should read 3rd May..

No comments: