Monday, September 14, 2015

A Bible question


So, this question had me thinking today, if God created the Sun on the 4th day (from Genesis) "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night, the stars also."

How the feck was it the 4th day?

Anyway, I quickly realised the true answer is most likely that the authors of Genesis made the whole thing up or alternatively stole the idea from the Babylonians, who also made it up.

Apparently I'm not the only one that reached this conclusion, there are some letters for sale at the moment from that famous naturalist and prolific letter writer Charles Darwin on this very subject. The sellers expect to fetch £50k for one that says:

“Dear Sir, I am sorry to have to inform you that I do not believe in the Bible as a divine revelation & therefore not in Jesus Christ as the son of God. Yours faithfully Ch. Darwin”.

I'm not sure I'd pay £50k for something so blindingly obvious?

No comments: