Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Reckoning


So this week is the week for the reckoning! Having been watching my weight since January 2017 I let myself go over Christmas, no holds barred! Anyway when I did the same last year I gained around 10 pounds over a two week period, which then took me just under two months to lose again. This year I only gained 4 pounds in the same time-frame, and after a couple of days back on the wagon have already lost 2 of those pounds, it really surprised me! I was thinking why this might be, and concluded that having controlled my average calorie intake for a second year I'm becoming much more accustomed to lower average levels, meaning, it took less extra calories over my current average level this year to feel stuffed. I also noticed a much more robust response to a cold I had last week, normally it takes me at least a week to get properly over a cold and/or sore throat, anyway I got a really sore throat for a night and by lunchtime the next day it had completely cleared up! Of course it might have just been a light infection or something I'd had before but if every cold I get is like this then that fact alone provides incentive enough to monitor and manage my lifestyle factors even closer this year!

No comments: