Thursday, September 09, 2021

Feckless blockages

 


I was out for my daily constitutional walk yesterday and followed one my usual circular routes through the back streets and alleyways of my home town; about half way around I came across the following scene (see picture above).. A builder (not the council) laying a patio for a private house (on the right of the picture) had completely blocked the public footpath with a tipper truck, piles of sand and paving slabs and to top it all had propped up an advertisement for his company against the bollard designed to prevent vehicles obstructing the footpath. I had to trudge my way over a pile of sand, taking care not to fill my shoes with the stuff! Not ideal for me but pretty impenetrable for someone a bit older and less agile, certainly impassable if you happened to be in a wheelchair. Lucky it wasn't a rainy day, as you can see the weather was glorious, had I been in a worse mood I may have had to transmit my opinions to the feckless laborer, a withering look was all I could be bothered with.

No comments: