Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Wednesday Woes

 


Decided that I'd try to do my bit for the climate and catch the train into the office this week. It's a fairly straightforward journey but includes a 30 minute (3k) walk to the station then a 10 minute train ride for two stops, easy you would think. Yesterday the rain was lashing down but I struggled to the station in it; got the train OK and arrived (wet and cold) to the office on time, same story on the way home. All in all a bit miserable but ok I suppose. Today I walked to the station to find all the trains cancelled due to a signaling fault up the track in London somewhere; had to walk back home and jump in the car to drive to the office (which takes 10 minutes). Not a great success rate or experience so far, starting to think that the British weather and general institutional incompetence might slow down the fight against climate change in this country quite a bit.

No comments: