Friday, June 10, 2022

Lovely Jubbly


I picked this little mini-keg up direct from the Siren brewery a couple of weeks ago, I had intended that we drink it during our Jubilee street party but I couldn't really find anyone to share it with, either people had bought their own preferred beverages or they weren't keen on the idea of "craft beer"! Oh well, just meant that my Son and I will have quaffed the contents over the course of two weekends, luckily it seems to have held up that long and still tastes great. I was slightly concerned that after 2 weeks of being open the contents would have faded but no, it's still flavorsome, carbonated and cold! There's only a couple of pints left so we'll probably finish it off tonight with the BBQ ribs we're planning on scoffing. 

I like the idea of these mini-kegs for parties and social gatherings, the quantity is just about right, at 5 litres (or roughly 8 pints) at around 4% ABV they keep a group of lads going for at least a couple of hours and you can't beat the brewery freshness of them! To cap it all the kegs just fit into my fridge, so the cold-chain can be preserved for at least a couple of weeks! Total cost £24 which isn't bad I reckon (for proper craft beer!) you'd pay at least £5-6 a pint in London for the same ale and it wouldn't taste as fresh as this does.

 

No comments: