Sunday, July 31, 2022

Convenient Pit Stop


I managed to organise things such that I was able to attend the annual investors party that my local brewery Siren held on Friday afternoon; it was a lavish do, done on a large scale at Reading University Student Union (nice venue!). Lot's of people were there and copious amounts of free beer was available, which, I find, is always a bonus for any investor party as it helps distract people from missed targets and boring slideware about EBITDA..

Learnt a few new things about the company, one of the exciting announcements was that they are going to open a flagship taproom and restaurant in the centre of Reading! The new site will be in the forthcoming development right opposite the railway station, looks great, and should provide the town with a another much needed (decent) watering hole as well as a convenient pit stop for me on the way back from business meetings in London etc.

Siren launched 4 new beers at the event (Time Hops) but decided to do it at 7pm and unfortunately I had to scoot earlier than that in order to meet my Wife in town. Anyway, I'll just have to wait to try these new beers, although, I picked up a leaflet at the party that explains them and the motivation behind their production, intriguing stuff, I'll certainly be blogging about them at some point in the next few weeks.
 

No comments: