Sunday, July 31, 2022

Pizza school night


Went up to London on business this Thursday and stayed over in a hotel near Waterloo as I had another meeting near there early on Friday morning. The trains were a bit all over the shop after the strike on Wednesday and I also had the misfortune to be on a train that had to be held at Ascot station because a tree had fallen up the line. Luckily there was another train sitting at Ascot that went down an alternate line to Ash Vale where it's possible to pick up a reasonably fast service back into Waterloo, which is what I ended up doing. I got there in the end by hook and by crook albeit late! Coincidentaly, my daughter was also in London doing a week long history of art course at the Courtauld Institute so once I'd dropped my bags off at my lodgings, I met up with her and took her out for a drink and a meal! Sourdough pizzas and a bottle of Nero d'Avola (Italian red wine), slightly exuberant for a school night but what the heck, you only live once and we had fun!

 

No comments: