Wednesday, November 03, 2021

Cold free record


It's been a funny couple of weeks, firstly my daughter caught Covid and tested positive, we're pretty sure that she got it from a weekend job that she has at a local primary school, kids of that age seem to be spreading it like wildfire, walking plague magnets that they are. Anyway, she is fine, some mild sniffles and a cough but no more than you'd get from a normal cold this time of year, luckily she's 17 and has had one jab, which I'm sure, combined with her age, has facilitated her mild symptoms.

She started testing negative on Monday this week so she's back to school tomorrow (yippee!) Neither my wife or I have tested positive throughout, despite living in the same house and unavoidably crossing paths and breathing the same air at various points. I felt sure we were going to get it, but fortunately not so far! Although I did have an upset stomach this last weekend and judging by what some people have said about the variability of symptoms that may have been the virus, albeit the testing would say otherwise. 

This state of permanent awareness of our health and that of those around use would seem to be the "new normal", it's quite tedious I must say, however taking precautions (like wearing masks etc.) does seem to have worked exceptionally well for us. Over the last two years I think this weekend was the first illness of any kind I've had, probably the longest cold/flu free period in my entire life?

 

No comments: