Monday, December 18, 2023

Evocative


(Yesterday) On this day in 1976 (17th December) the band Genesis released one of my all time favourite albums. Called, "Wind and Wuthering" it contained classic tracks like "one for the vine", "blood on the rooftops" and "afterglow", the lyrics were so evocative and "other-worldly" to our teenage minds at the time, my peers and I were super keen and we played it to death throughout that (very) snowy Winter! 

Even in later life I still like to put this on in the background, I find it a perfect accompaniment to writing or cutting code as it puts me in a reflective mood, stimulates my imagination and helps me think more clearly. Coincidentally, there's a lone oak tree in the middle of a field near to where I live that looks very much like the tree in the album artwork (above) I'm put in mind of this album every time I drive past, a good spot for a final resting place I always think.

No comments: