Monday, September 07, 2009

Lolcats rulz


This nice little picture is floating around the atheist blogs today, it's an ahh inducing lolcat with a godless twist (my favourite!) For those who haven't already sampled the delights of lolcats here is the original site. I'm not quite sure what it is about these things that make them funny and slightly adictive but they seem to have entered the collective conciousness fairly effortlessly (if our office is anything to go by!)

Here is an interesting thought experiment, take all the hours that are used by humans to pray to their different dieties and trade them all in for hours of cancer research - would religious people go for that?

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahah Steve, I actually LOL'd (and I seldom say that b/c I seldom do it)! Cats do actually think in terms like "futile", btw.

Elizabeth said...

I love the term 'the atheist blogs' - sounds so evil somehow.

Steve Borthwick said...

E, "All great truths begin as blasphemies." - certainly evil from the perspective of the "evil" establishment.. :)

David Keen said...

Maybe all the lolcat cartoonists etc. are just qualified research scientists wasting time.....

Steve Borthwick said...

Actually dmk, I think it's all the computer programmers that work for me; every time I glance their way I see one on their screen! :)