Monday, March 23, 2020

Day one


So, working-day one of total lock-down for our family done!

We were all at home today, both kids had remote lessons run by their schools (which I must say worked really well and sounded like fun from what I overheard!) and the adults were working as normal on email and conference calls with digital-work on our various projects interspersed between them. We decided to go for a short walk at lunchtime (mainly because it was such a nice day) and we picked a route that avoided any potential crowds (i.e. town centre etc.) I must say though, we still saw plenty of other people out and about, most alarmingly bands of kids (clearly not all from the same family) playing with bikes, balls and in playgrounds like nothing was happening. I must admit I felt a little annoyed about that! Some parents clearly don't get it (or don't care) and it makes somewhat of a mockery of everything everyone else is trying to do, anyway not much we can do other than moan I suppose.

Anyway, here's our current metrics scorecard..

Food reserves - good
Bog-roll - plenty
Wine and Beer - plenty
Boredom Threshold - within tolerances

No comments: