Sunday, March 15, 2020

Taking the biscuit


My wife and I took the train into Reading yesterday, she was visiting one of our friends who is in hospital at the moment. I had a mooch around the shops and a little walk around past the old biscuit factory. I ended up in a new pub called "The Weather Station" which is run by Silchester based brewery "Wild Weather Ales", it's a nice spot with some splendid beers on offer (see below). Unfortunately we had to catch the train back so I only had time for a quick one but I managed to pop into my favourite bottle shop (The Grumpy Goat) on the way back to the station and pick up some delicious cheese and a couple of interesting cans to sup while making dinner.


A nice IPA from Wild Weather, tropical flavours bursting from the glass, good mouthfeel and balanced, to quote Arnie, I'll be back!

No comments: