Friday, March 06, 2020

Nice while it lasted


With the rate of COVID-19 infections more or less doubling every day, I think we can safely assume that the beast has properly escaped into the wild now. The "containment" phase was nice while it lasted, unfortunately I expect, like me, most of us blinked and missed it. We can only conclude that sadly the majority of us will probably come face-to-face with these pesky critters at some point now. I wonder if it's time to fill my bath up with pure alcohol (or one of my higher ABV home-brews) and sit in it for the next six months, or should I do what someone on the train did yesterday and walk around with a Tesco's bag over my head (slits for eyes) although clearly, being the commuter belt, a Waitrose "bag for life" would be preferable (even though "life" may turn out to be a relative term)

Still, I'm always on the lookout for an upside so perhaps my plan should be to skip the next two "phases" and get out there among the "people" right now so that I catch it as soon as I can! I'm sure I'd get over it (fingers crossed) and then, once immune, the path will be clear to cash in on cheap, uncrowded holiday destinations and accommodation deals all Summer (while simultaneously "working from home"... wink, wink) Anyway, must dash my train is due and I need to lick as many door buttons as I can before I get home (it's only 2 stops you know!)

No comments: