Saturday, June 13, 2020

Summer downpour


Treated myself to a beer while cooking dinner last night and it was a real banger! One of my favourite breweries DEYA over in Cheltenham and their "Summer Ale" 4.5% ABV. Now, I've had this beer before back in April 2019 (that feels a long way away now!) at a local event over at the Siren brewery in Finchampstead, Berkshire it was the stand out beer of the day for me and even made it into my top 20 beers of 2019. I was delighted to see it popping up on the DEYA web site last week (it's only brewed once a year and sells out instantly) so I grabbed a few cans. It was just as I remember, hazy, tropical, fruity and very satisfying on a Friday night after work. Unfortunately the name of the beer jinxed things a bit and it hammered down with rain the whole evening, ah well, it's the thought that counts..

No comments: