Thursday, June 18, 2020

Walk of life..


Took my usual lunchtime walk today but it was chucking it down the whole way round. Consequently, I took a little detour through some local woods, it was magical, no one around and exquisite sounds, sights and smells. I noticed that as the rain ricocheted off the leaves and the humidity rose it felt very much like a rain forest in there, perhaps not warm enough to be the Amazon or African versions but certainly very much like those on the North West Coast of America. Anyway, I took a couple of shots of things on my way through, on the left we have a poppy, can't believe how vivid the colours of these flowers are, looks like CGI! On the right we have a huge fungus, not sure what species it is but it was pretty big, something I'd expect to see in the Autumn but clearly the moisture has accelerated its growth. The whole woodland was alive with life, birds singing away and the floor carpeted with green things of all sizes and shapes, bursting upward, almost like it was a race to reach the source of rain and light, which of course is exactly what it is!

No comments: