Wednesday, January 18, 2023

The full set


I blogged about this late last year but at the time had only reviewed one of this set of three beers from Siren. I managed to get my hands on the full set the other day and thought I'd do a side-by-side tasting, here's what I thought of them. 

Candour - Brewed with Cycle Brewing (based in Florida, USA) this chocolate stout is a banger, deep and rich layers of Belgian chocolate flavour with slight coffee and burnt sugar hints. It's hugely morish, tempting you back for another sip like a box of after-eight chocolates, just one more wafer thin... 

Charm - A 9% imperial porter made with Swedish firm Omnipollo. This is an espresso of a beer, a viscous, dark and flavour filled experience, looks like old engine oil in the glass but wow, what layers of flavour, one for coffee fans everywhere.

Curiosity - Made along with Garage Project from  New Zealand featuring vanilla pods and coconut in a dark, dark viscous 10% beer that has a luxurious mouthfeel and addictive flavour profile, very nice indeed.

So, my favourite?

It would have to be Candour, the chocolate is so morish, a crowd pleaser of a beer and definite candidate for my top 20 this year (so far!)

 

No comments: