Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Puzzling


We've had a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle knocking around in a cupboard, still in it's box, for a good decade now! A week ago, some bright spark suggested that we do it as a "family" during lockdown. Now I think this statement was made in the same sense as when a kid asks for a puppy and says "we'll all take it for walks", i.e. I'm the only one who works on the puzzle now. It's a fiendishly difficult puzzle, most of the pieces seem "brown" and indistinct and I keep getting that sinking feeling that I'm missing some bits, until I find them, hiding in plain sight of course! Anyway, it's progressing slowly, I reckon I find about 20-30 pieces per day spread over half a dozen visits while waiting for the kettle to boil and bread to toast etc. The big question is will I finish it before we need the kitchen table back for visitors once lockdown is over, I think I should be guided by data rather than dates on that one!

 

No comments: