Sunday, November 05, 2023

Genocide?


The Palestinian situation is undoubtedly complex and made orders of magnitude more complex because of Islam, or more specifically the un-compromising political ideology of Islamism. When I was in my 20s and a student, full of idealistic thoughts, I shared a flat in London for a while with a Palestinian chap and I supported the Palestinian position unequivocally (as do many students today) but now, with older and wiser eyes, I see the see the rocket attacks and watch the uncensored videos of the Hamas terrorists and how they went about their business and I conclude that I don't want such people to exist on the same planet as me, and yet, these are the people that represent Gaza, they are the Government there! It's a horrible dilemma, and every thinking person knows that no one is going to "win" this, the best we can hope for is the rapid removal of Hamas and an end to the escalating bloodshed.

I came across an interesting thought-provoking track on the interwebs today (below)  Semantics are important, but many Western media outlets seem to have forgotten this for the sake of a few more clicks..

"Israel is committing genocide"
-every critic

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means”
-Inigo Montoya

Genocide: “the destruction of a nation or of an ethnic group” or “a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves.”

Israel could annihilate all of Gaza & the Palestinians if it wanted.

It doesn't because it is not a genocidal nation, Hamas on the other hand wish to commit genocide on Israel and have enshrined that desire into their constitution, it's a strange old world we live in.

No comments: