Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Persistence is needed..


So, here's the third (out of four) of the Siren CCC series of beer and perhaps the most unusual. It's clearly a dark beer but has been flavoured with Cacao nibs, Sea Salt and Cherries as well as Cypress wood. Another strong beer at 7.4% which gives it plenty of body, but there's a heck of a lot going on here. Quite confusing on the palette the salt accentuates all the flavours, like a TV with the contrast turned up full, I wasn't honestly sure I was that keen at first. However, like many things in life, after a few sips and some acclimatisation the drink grew on me. I would still prefer the previous offering (Nitro CCC) over this one but it's definitely an experience, the cherries seem to emerge stronger after a while and the smoky malts and dark chocolate also take a while to shine through, not my favourite so far but a decent effort if you persist with it.

No comments: