Friday, October 09, 2009

I see dead (ignorant) people...

I heard about the Neumann's earlier this year when their story hit the news. In 2008 this couple (from the USA) killed their child through neglect and stupidity. Rather than taking their child to a doctor for a treatable form of diabetes they decided to pray instead and as we all know (or should) praying has been proven many times to have absolutely no effect. The child died what must have been a confused and very painful death, completely unnecessarily.



Yesterday I read about their sentence, it sickened me; six months spread over six years!! (the maximum sentence for this crime is 25 years). What sickened me even more were the comments of the judge, clearly human sacrifice is alive and well in Wisconsin.

Firstly he said,

Think about Kara and what God wants you to learn from this.

So clearly the Judge is as deluded as they are and wants them to know he belongs to the same club, he goes on,

God probably works through other people, some of them doctors.

What a leech, why do Christians see good things as "God given" and bad things like killing your child as something unconnected, why the hell wasn't the original crime the workings of this mysterious invisible "mind" too, where was their "God" when this innocent child was writhing in agony in front of these morons?

Then to cap it all we have a quote from the defence lawyer when asked if he thought his clients had gotten off too lightly, it's so puerile and offensive that I am reluctant to reproduce it here however it completes the circle of stupidity so perfectly that I feel obliged for the sake of feng shui.

My client sees spiritual treatment as the proper medicine and I suspect the people who want harsher punishment see Western medicine as the proper medicine, I guess therein lies the difference. My clients just happen to have a belief that is very outside of our social norm.

He is right about one thing, these people are outside of our social norm, in fact, as evidenced by their mental delusions I think they are outside of our entire species and have clearly devolved into new sub-species, I'm going to call it "homo dildorious rexsis".

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's unbelievable that they only got 6 months. I don't know what is wrong with the US - I don't remember it being so bad before. I hope the atheists take over there soon.

Steve Borthwick said...

E, I know, one month each spread over six years, not much of a price for taking a life is it. I suspect there are people in jail with worse sentences for speeding.

Chairman Bill said...

The issue is intent. Did they intend for their daughter to diw? I doubt it.

Steve Borthwick said...

CB, I think the bigger issue is one of responsibility, these people were responsible for the well being of their child, they clearly put their own interests before hers. The fact that they called 911 after she died is the smoking gun IMO.