Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Manly Sports

Back in September a good friend of mine celebrated his 40th birthday; as a treat a group of us went clay pigeon shooting, it was an all day affair simulating a proper game shoot (without the actual killing of anything). The weather was brilliant, although when this picture was taken it was late on in the day and the clouds were rolling in, the Berkshire country-side around Newbury was magnificent and a perfect setting for the sport. In the end we shot over 400 cartridges each and boy were my arms and shoulders tired afterwards, anyway, I was sent some photographs of the event today so I thought I would remind myself of a nice late summer day as I look out at the gloom and drizzle of an Autumn day.



PS I'm the one shooting the gun in this picture.

3 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

You horrid person. All those dead clays.

Steve Borthwick said...

To be honest CB I was more worried about dead shoulder muscle cells ... (ouch!)

Chairman Bill said...

Yes - been there. Once spent an entire day shooting, only to be laid up for almost a week with a shoulder that ached alarmingly.