Sunday, October 18, 2009

Get ready everybody..

A while ago I reproduced a story about a rapture enthusiast who confidently predicted on his WEB site that the world would end and Jesus would drop in to say hi to mankind again on the 21st September (or at least that date would mark the beginning of the end), well apparently the calculations were slightly wrong, a revised date has now been posted on the site, hold onto your hats folks it's NEXT WEDNESDAY! clearly time to sink that bottle of 61 Châteaux Cheval Blanc I've been saving for a special occasion, I do hope Burger King will still be open :)

6 comments:

Gerrarrdus said...

Given that I told you at the time it would turn out to be a miscalculation, turns out I was the prophet all along. Now all I've got to do is work out when the end of the world will be....

Steve Borthwick said...

He's not a prophet he's a very naughty... etc. :)

Don't stretch yourself trying to calculate the end of the world, just next Saturday's lottery numbers will do just fine!...

Elizabeth said...

Next Wednesday or this Wednesday? I have a big party to go to this weekend so can't he put it off until the following week? I got a new dress and everything.

Steve Borthwick said...

E, I know! these "rapture events" are so inconvenient to busy socialites :) hasn't God heard of Google calendars? (what a Luddite!!)

Chairman Bill said...

Extract from The Thoughts of Chairman Bill - 21/08/07.

"The world will come to an end somewhere in September 2008, around the 20th, I should think. I felt I should warn you that it may be necessary for you to change your E-mail address when it happens - things may be a little disturbed for a while, you see. But the most important thing is that we all keep in touch, isn't it? So watch this space for my prophecies on various matters. Tibitulum is in the Sign of the Tongs at the moment - not too good for Grocers or Lady Florists - but it will soon be moving on to an Injunction with Jupiter, when things should hot up quite a lot, and be rather worse for Lighthouse-keepers, among many others. Annual male sporting events will be disrupted for a while, and those who partake in the familiar male pursuits of Olympic Burping, Marathon Crotch Adjusting, and the Dilapidated Underwear Pageant should make alternative arrangements. "

David Keen said...

Burger King is what got us into this mess in the first place....