Saturday, August 01, 2020

Marlow



We decided to be brave yesterday evening and venture out into the big wide world, so we hopped in the car and drove over to Marlow to try out a new craft-beer bar and also snag some food. It was a successful outing, the weather was gorgeous and the town wasn't too busy (I was expecting the worst) The new bar we tried out is called the "Crafty Taproom" and is situated at the river end of the high street. It wasn't what I'd call a hardcore craft beer establishment, most of the the beers were from tier three or four breweries and there was wine and gin on offer as well as beer so it was quite a mixed crowd, i.e. a few "ladies that lunch", some regulars as well as a couple of hipsters (although in Marlow that probably represents the entire population of hipsters) anyway it was a decent venue. I had a pint from Reading brewery "Phantom", a pale ale called "Meadow Road" it was kind of American IPA-like but with quite a hefty malt core to it, easy drinking on such a warm evening (6/10) the best bit about it was that my Son bought it for me which I think is the first pint he's ever got me since he turned 18 last year (one for the diary!). After that we popped over to the Ivy for some grub, it was nice, everyone was well spaced out and we enjoyed a couple of courses and a bottle of Spanish plonk, home in time for a couple of episodes of Ozark (great series if you get Netflix) and bed, almost normal! Although I'm not convinced this will last too much longer, dark clouds are gathering IMO.

No comments: