Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Sour


Since the Sun came out for a few hours on Saturday evening I thought I'd try a new beer from my local brewery Siren before dinner, ale aperitif if you will! It was a sour beer called "Juice 'em up" which was made with just about every major fruit you can think of i.e. pineapple, orange, peach and strawberries! During fermentation the beer was "soured" using bacteria that lowers the PH of the brew so that the final product tastes sour to us Humans, and yet retains the flavours of the base beer along with all the fruity adjuncts. On my crafto'meter I'd give it a "solid effort", especially on a hot day, the sourness making it incredibly refreshing! Sour beers tend to be a bit like marmite for many people, I've grown to like them over the last few years and feel confident now that I can tell the difference between the good ones and the rest, this one is definitely in the former list.

No comments: