Thursday, April 14, 2022

Data, data everywhere..


I'm sure everyone has seen this mapping on the BBC web site showing Covid cases region by region in the UK. I often look at it to see how we're doing at the local level. I took a quick peek today and it looks like we may have hit a peak and are on the way down now, great news if that's the case, hopefully the trajectory will continue and we don't get a new variant that buggers things up again! Anyway I was thinking how totally cool it would be if someone at the BBC took every image from every day over the last 18 months or so and stitched them all together into one animation. We'd be able to see each wave grow, peak and recede across the whole country, east to west and west to east, north to south and city to city, it would be fascinating to see. Anyway, just thought I'd share that little "brain fart", hopefully some data-scientist in the BBC's IT department is reading this and agrees with me (chances of that are roughly zero I reckon!)

 

No comments: