Friday, September 30, 2022

March of time

 


I remember when I was a teenager (17) living through the first flushes of independence, I went on a lad's holiday to Cornwall. There were a few of us and we drove our own cars (bangers) down to the coast from the South East of England and stayed in fields and campsites in tents. It was brilliant, we were all just discovering pubs, beer, girls and that wonderful feeling that we could wake up in the morning and just go wherever the hell we wanted! Part of the landscape of that trip was listening to BBC radio one in the morning (not that we saw too much of the mornings!) and more specifically listening to Steve Wright (in the morning) we loved it, the mix of current music, quizzes, stupid sound effects and silly character sketches it seemed like it was tailored perfectly to our infantile sense of humour, and it probably was! Anyway I hear (with sadness) that today was the last ever Steve Wright show on BBC radio two (I guess it comes to us all eventually!), I must listen to it, although I feel like it's going to make me feel very, very old.

No comments: