Saturday, September 17, 2022

Tropical and Dank


Big shout-out for this brew. It's a collaboration between Verdant and Beak and for those people who read this blog you'll know that they're two of my most favoured breweries in the country at the moment. The prospect of the best bits of these two master's of haze was too tantalizing to pass up so I purchased a couple of cans of "It Is Forbidden" as soon as I heard it was available. 

I'm glad to say it doesn't disappoint,  haze for days, thick, creamy and multi-layered, flavour-wise. This particular beer features a hop from the USA that's so new it doesn't even have a name yet and is currently simply called "HBC586" tropical and dank is how I would describe it and the flavours are so forward (read in-your-face) that they almost hide completely the 8% ABV that this double IPA features, a real treat, great stuff!

No comments: