Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Doorway to heaven


On one of the circular routes I walk at lunchtime there's a long tree lined gravel path, it's a great relief to walk down there on really sunny days as it's shady for around a kilometer (unfortunately not much use for most of the Summer so far!) I noticed today that on quite a few of the trees people had nailed little wooden doorways and painted them bright colours. I guess this is for young kids to look at and imagine that the little doorways lead to fairies houses or Narnia or similar? I can certainly appreciate the need to keep youngsters occupied and amused while filling lock-down time on long walks! 

It's interesting that a lot of the doors looked like they were painted by the kids themselves? You would have thought that this would kinda defeat the object, i.e. blowing the cover of the fairy story? But, perhaps I'm missing the bigger picture here by thinking too rationally about it, who knows. Anyway, the luck of the fairies must have rubbed off on me today, 8km walked in 70 minutes and not a drop of rain, it's been quite a few days since that happened!

No comments: