Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Footie bonding


My Son is home from University at the moment and yesterday evening we spent a pleasant couple of hours together getting excited about the football! It's quite unusual that we watch things on TV together these days, partly because he's hardly ever here but mostly because, as with most teenager-parent combo's, the viewing tastes run pretty counter to each other. My Wife and I will quite happily consume a decent crime thriller box set but our kids are much happier watching Made in Chelsea (etc..) you can't fight it. 

Anyway, we actually both got completely absorbed by the France - Switzerland game last night, and saw it all the way through to the final kick (which decided the game) thrilling stuff, and it's nice to see the underdogs win for a change. I wonder what the England - Germany match will throw up tonight, I bet it won't be as exciting as the games yesterday, anyway I won't be watching with the boy tonight as he's off with some mates watching it in a pub garden in London, as he should be at his age, lucky bugger!

 

No comments: